The upcoming Fine Art Online Auction August 8 is a perfect opportunity for a beginning collector or anyone interested in adding original artwork to their collection. The sale features a number of beautiful European works, at very affordable prices.
1. Jean Vollet’s Field of Flowers, oil on canvas, (est. $1,000-2,000) is a picturesque example from the famed French painter’s oeuvre. This lovely work highlights the artist’s masterful Pointillist style, inspired by the great Impressionist painters Seurat and Pissarro, and features a delightful balance of color and composition.
2. Jacques Bouyssou’s Paris Le Cafe, oil on canvas, (est. $800-1,200) is one of many examples the artist captured of the City of Lights. A student of architecture, Bouyssou became a student of Orthon Friesz and Lucien Simon.
3. French painter Henri Ottmann’s Nature Morte, 1920, oil on canvas, (est. $800-1,200) is a classic example of his still life painting. His works have graced the walls of many museums around the world, including the Modern Museum in Paris.
4. Specializing in landscape paintings, Charles Euphrasie Kuwasseg also created a number of cityscapes and coastal views such as A Wreck Off the Cliff, oil on canvas, (est. $800-1,200). Kuwasseg was a regular exhibitor at the Paris Salon.
5. Reflecting the style of The Hague School throughout his career, Johan Frederik Cornelis Scherrewitz regularly captured autumnal colors as well as nature in his work. In The Harvest, an oil on canvas, (est. $800-1,200), Scherrewitz highlights simple farm life, which was a one of his passionate hallmarks.
Written by: Elon Werner
If you see something you like or have something similar you'd like to sell then please inquire about it here.